Sunday, June 26, 2011

Today our Rosika Faveur Wood turned 12.

She told Moise on Wednesday that her mommy would be calling on Sunday because it was her birthday.

There were no candles, balloons, or cake. We called her early this morning to sing happy birthday to her. She was very happy and laughed. She had written me a note and had Moise to read it I could only understand parts because the connection was real bad. But it was a very special letter. I told her to put it in a special place and give it to me when we come in a few weeks. We told them that we were out of IBESR and the lady we had all been praying for had signed the papers. This will be her last birthday without her parents. When we were in Haiti in May, we celebrated her birthday we had Jell-O and gave her a watch. My prayer today was that God would send someone to give her a hug and let her know she is loved.

It is hard to think that 12 years ago on June 26, 1999 at 6 PM in Haiti my daughter was born. I was not there but God was and he knew that someday she would be ours. I thank God for the woman that gave her life and loved her before I did. I am sorry that she did not live to she her Rose turn 12. I feel so blessed that she in mine. I hope that she will be everything her mother wished and prayed for her to be. I know from what Rosika has said her mother she loved her very much.


Happy Birthday to my big princess and our pretty pink Rose.

1 comment:

  1. She is her Nanna's pink rose. I cannot wait to greet the 2 grands at the airport. Make it real soon, Lord. PLEASE!!

    ReplyDelete