Sunday, June 26, 2011

June 24th 2011 at 1:42 PM

June 24th 2011 at 1:42 PM
Yesterday Chris and I went on a little road trip to Columbia, KY to pick up some photos that he bought of his great grandparents and great grandmother that he had (amazingly) found on e-bay. While I was waiting for Chris to be ready to leave the house, I read some verses about Gods faithfulness. I told him I put this whole adoption in His hands and could not worry about it anymore, that I had given it to Him & now it was His worry. We started out the morning by going to a few yard sales. We got to Columbia around twelve. We stopped in to get the photos and bought some other items: vintage Kern’s breadbox, a very cool cast iron clothing rack that spins, and a few other vintage photos. The photos of Chris’ family were very cool. Next, we made a stop in Goodwill, but we did not buy anything. Chris saw a combination antique shop & Christian bookstore, J and F Variety, across the street, so we went in. Immediately, I saw two small glass roosters & I knew Brittney would want them, so I called to ask her. She said yes, as I knew she would. I had finished shopping and was waiting on Chris when I felt my phone vibrate. When I answered, it was Diana with All Blessings International (the greatest adoption agency in the world). She asked me if I was sitting down & I said, “No, do I need to?” & she said I might want to. So I found a chair in the shop and sat down & had Chris to come over to hear too. She said, “You are out of IBESR…” and that is about all I can remember. It felt like a dream. I was so happy. I laughed, cried, prayed, and gave thanks to God. I thought this day would never come. But here it is, finally & I am one big step closer to bringing my beautiful Haitian girls home. I pray things go very fast from here, but it is not my worry. I gave it to God. I am just going to praise Him while I wait. Once I hung up with her, I called everyone that I could to let them know we had made it out of the black hole. The hardest call was to our friends the Carvers. I so wish there papers had been signed as well, but I know they will be very soon. Being a sentimentalist, I decided we needed to buy something from the store as a keepsake for the girls. I picked out two vintage keys for them, as they hold the key to my heart. I will add a tag to them that tells about this day and why they are so special. The storeowners asked if we had gotten some good news. We told them we had. They gave us two small American flags for the girls. As we were leaving, I thought I needed to take a picture of this place (as for some reason, I had taken the camera with me). As I took the photo of the place, I noticed what their sign said under the name- “But with God all things are possible.” This made me cry again and also kicked my faith up a notch. As we drove home, I was sailing high. I kept thinking this must be how pregnant women feel. In only a few months, my girls will be here. I have so much to do. When we got home, Candace, Savannah, and Michelle came over to help celebrate. We made these Haitian fried bananas, which I did not like, though everyone else liked them fairly well. But I did enjoy the hot tea and the company. That was a day I will never forget. In the morning, we will tell the girls the news.

So, I know a lot of you are asking what happens next. We will be going to Haiti in July to see the Dean. We enter Parquet Court, which is a very complex series of steps and processes involving multiple offices and repeated trips between them. Then after that comes the Ministry of the Interior, followed by Haitian Immigrations, & then the final step will be US Immigrations. Lastly, after all that, we will be going to Haiti to get our girls. I do not know when this will happen. No one does but God and He is not telling.


No comments:

Post a Comment