Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mothers Day

I spent my second Mother's day in Haiti with the girls. This verse from a song keeps coming to mind-

"I wanna give her the world, I wanna hold her hand, I wanna be her mom for as long as I can, and I wanna live every moment until that day comes, I wanna show her what it means to be loved."

Last Sunday was Haitian mothers day. Our little one was so sad that I was not there so she could give me a hug and kiss. I called the girls on the phone. O how I miss them. So tonight I was thinking of this song again as I thought of them and wondered if they were asleep yet. Had anyone told them today how special they are, held their hand, gave them a hug or kiss, or wiped the dirt from their knees.

We got word last week that our little one had gotten a cut on the elbow. I should have been their for her. I should have been the one to put the bandage on her to kiss her and tell her it was going to be ok. I feel as if I have let her down.

No comments:

Post a Comment